Saturday, January 9, 2010

Pregnancy Jitters

If I had my way I would go into labor on a Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday when Brett is home pretty much all day and can answer his phone without being in the basement for classes at BYU. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from about 8 to 11 Brett has no phone service while in school and for some reason this makes me awfully nervous. Just my luck it would happen during those times and it would happen fast. Adalie's labor lasted about a whole 7 hours start to finish and pretty much pain free from the start too. I had the epidural right away because they offered it right when I got there and I jumped on it!! It was actually a pretty great experience and I was very, very lucky. I want to be that lucky again, but I have heard labor times can be cut in half with baby to baby and they usually go faster than your first.... and that makes me really, really nervous. I don't know how I would be handle that. Although, I guess I would have no choice and have to deal with it haha. Anywho, just more pregnancy jitters. They have definitely started. I don't remember a thing about newborns, just always feeling worried and lack of sleep.

2 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

If it makes you feel any better, my husband may be out of the country when I go into labor! He says " Well, honey, I would most definitely take the next flight back to Phoenix to be there asap" and then I remind him that I was only in labor with Ethan for 5 hours start to finish and that he probably wouldn't make it anyways since most of his flights are about that long :) Here's to hoping that our husbands are around when it's go time!

Laurie Huish said...

Good luck! I hope Brett gets back in time-I know how important it is to have your husband their holding your hand. One of my biggest concerns (Not sure why it was:) was trying to figure out who I would have in the room with me if Michael wasn't there. Luckily he was! I am sure things will work out wonderfully for you!