Monday, December 6, 2010

Boring Busy Bodies

It is so stinkin cold here in Iowa. There is no snow on the ground yet, but the wind here is enough to kill you itself. 21 degrees outside with a wind chill of NEGATIVE 1. It is funny, but Brett says he is looking forward to the warm weather Colorado will have to offer us over the Christmas break....haha. Since we have been home, Cason has been so sick and we have been trying to get the house in order and cleaned before we leave again here in a few weeks for Christmas. These next two weeks are going to be a killer. Brett will be studying like crazy for his finals and I will try my hardest to play single mommy to decrease the stress of it all. Christmas break can't come soon enough!!

We saw the 7th Harry Potter.....soooooo goooooood!! Can't wait for part 2!! We started listening to the book on our way down to Texas so I know a lot of the story already but we were so excited to see the movie. I have been listening to the audio books on my ipod here at the house and I might have been ignoring my children a little in the process. Almost done with book 3 =) I have been on a Harry Potter craze these last 2 weeks.

Anywho, just wanted to say we are here. I am just feeling blah and haven't had the urge to blog at all lately. I am just trying to get the kiddos all better and ready for the holidays. Brett an dI have to give talks next week in church. Wish us luck. ME mostly...

2 comments:

Hyde Family said...

Lydia! I have all of the Harry Potter books if you want to borrow them to read. I know it's not as time saving as listening to them. . . but if you are interested, you know where to find me. Good luck next week. I am sad I won't be hearing it!! Spencer will have to tell me all about it. It seems I always miss the Sundays when there are good speakers.

Carrie said...

good luck with speaking in church! it's my worst nightmare every time. i'm such a wuss. i hope you all feel better soon!

ps- that's so funny about going to colorado for warmer weather.

and oh my goodness isn't harry potter the best thing in the world?!?! i haven't seen the movies but i love love LOVE the books!