Saturday, March 31, 2012

Like a Monkey

Breastfeeding is still an extremely curious thing for me. Sounds funny, but it is a time when I feel almost mammalian...you know like monkey or something. Except my cool newborn cant climb up on my back and hold on while I continue with every day life. Seeing my boob has become almost second nature to my children as I am still working on the modesty issue there. It still hurts and is very uncomfortable, but I am trying to hang in there. I am still trying to see the "beauty" in it like people say. It probably has a lot to do with my very short fuse and extremely inpatient nature....oh wow! I sound terrible don't I?!?

ANYWHO enough about that eh? Time here seems to be the same every day. Well, the last two days we dreamed with the rest of America about our mega million winnings, but basically it has been the same day after day here. Brett goes to school. Adalie and Cason hug and fight and hug and fight all day long. Brody eats, poops, and now screams. Mom tries to keep the house in order with not much success and shower from time to time. Life is beautiful still =)

I have been crying at pretty much everything lately. Not sad crying really but happy, sentimental kind of crying. I watched the new Muppet movie with the kids the other day.....cried. I saw a commercial where this little boy was learning to fish...I cried. I listened to Brad Paisley's song Toothbrush ....I cried. Today while enjoying general conference I made the mistake of not cutting the TV right off after the closing prayer and started watching those family first commercials....cried like a baby!! Then on the complete opposite end of the spectrum I am screaming at my kiddos left and right!! I need to get these hormones under control quick.

I keep forgetting to take pictures of Brody. I remember when I had Adalie, I would take a few dozen a day. With Cason, maybe half a dozen at least, Poor Brody was even skimped on his hospital pictures. I swore I wouldn't do it since I myself was the youngest of 6 children and have maybe 2 newborns pictures and then apparently disappeared until I was two with 4 pictures and then reappeared again at 5. So, I am trying to step up on that one and here he is....Time is flyin'. I am pretty sure he even has a tooth coming in. Weird right?!? Unbelievable even?!? My kids all get their teeth super fast, Adalie had all of hers by 1 1/2, molars and all and Cason right before a yr. I am pretty sure my next kid will be born with teeth. It happens!! I looked it up....natal teeth. Creepy.

I have been looking through pictures lately and have found quite a few that I am sure my children will hate me for when they get older....like this one. And I will keep taking them....

1 comment:

Carrie said...

stick with the nursing! IT WILL GET BETTER! and then your kid will be a year old and you'll be crying that you can't nurse them forever... or maybe that was just me.

anyways... stick with the nursing and stick with the pictures! he's soooo cute it would be a sin not to document it!

you're doing great! love you and miss you tons!