Thursday, October 17, 2013

He CAN talk...a little

Man, its been a really crappy two weeks. Sick kids, dirty house, no husband, and junk food all around! However, I should document...
Brody had a well child check up on Wednesday. Poor guy got 4 shots, which is where his fever came from....hopefully. Anywho, It was his 18 mth check up, but we are 2 months behind, so 20mths.
26.6 lbs
34 inches

I always forget the questions they ask....Does he shy away from noises? Does he make weird faces? Does he do unusual hand movements with his fingers to his face? Does he sleep through the night? How is he doing with a sippy (as he has a bottle in his mouth uuuhhh...)? Can he crack a safe?? You know, questions like that.... Let me tell you a secret Doc, by the 3rd kid (and this might make me sound like a terrible mother) I kinda lose track of those silly questions. I AM however keeping them out of the "poison cabinet" and the medicines up high and I feed them, so technically, i AM doing an awesome job i think! This time when he got to the...Can your toddler say 20 words question, i started to tell him the ones he says....and here is what came out of my mouth...

Dr = What can he say? Me=Umm, mommy, daddy, baba, ball, night-night, milk, bobo  (thats a boo boo for some however i say Bo-Bo), shoes, boobies, bra....
Dr gives me a strange look and that's when I realize I just told him my 18mth old says boobies and bra.
Next question please!!!

 Brody, bubby, Brod-ster....you my dear are quite the little handful. We thought we had our work cut out with us with Cason, but you have quickly mastered the art of little boyhood. You keep us on our toes and are still so lovable and cute. You definitely are your daddy's child with that blonde hair and blue eyes, but you've got your mommas smile and dimples! We love you buddy, your personality makes us laugh...and sometimes cry, but mostly laugh. You crack yourself up even, laughing all the time at your own jokes and funny business. You are one not to be messed with and can stand your own ground! Love you so much buddy....

.....except i don't kinda like you right now because you're throwing your pizza all over the floor and wall.

No comments: