Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Coming Home

We came home on Sunday morning. The days in the hospital were long and I tried to just relax and get as much rest as I can, but I have to admit I got bored. I always felt bad when Brett would come up and there wasn't anything really to do, but I always wanted him there and was glad he was there most of the time. Brett had cleaned the house top to bottom and it was so nice to come home to no work!! Adalie was excited when we all came through the door. She hasn't quite wanted to hold him yet...she says he is too heavy.

But, she loves helping....so far. Maybe it will get old but it is cute for now. She call his "Baby Cason". She always covers him up with her blanket and puts her lamb beside him so he won't get lonely. And she seems very protective and loves to show him off. A few times she has asked me to "put him in his bouncer" so I can go and play. I don't mind at all. I don't want her to feel the least bit neglected or overlooked so I try and include her in almost everything from feeding to naps to diaper changes, etc. Plus she has gotten pretty much anything she wanted for the past few days. 1. because her watching cartoons all day lets me rest up and try and get better faster and 2. Grandma got her yesterday and has been spoiling her non stop with lots of chocolates and treats! She is loving it! Being home is great though with everyone here. I feel so incomplete without Brett and Adalie, and now Cason so it is nice to all be together again. Safe and sound at home.

No comments: