Thursday, November 4, 2010

My side and Your side

The other night I convinced Brett to switch me sides in our bed. After 5 years of sleeping on the same side from day ONE of our marriage. I even remember the conversation when we moved into our first house together B: "So, what side of the bed do you want?" L: "Um, I guess I will take the right and you the left?" I like to face the door that leads out into the hallway so I can see the kids coming down it just in case they might wake up or anything that shouldn't be there or out of the ordinary (paranoid me) , but I also like to sleep facing Brett. From my side though, I always have to choose one or the other which, as silly as it might sound, always requires a good ten minutes every every night to decide which I would rather do that particular time. It has become quite the cockamamie struggle. So, Brett humored me and switched sides. How did it go? Brett kept waking up every half hour-ish and I fell off the bed. Last night I had to go back to my side and was once again faced with the ever daunting decision of what I cared about more that night...the hallway or my husband =)

2 comments:

Hyde Family said...

Oh my gosh you guys are too funny. That's hilarious!

Carrie said...

i can't believe you fell off the bed!!! i used to always get the right side of the bed until we moved to colorado and chris kept stealing the right side so i gave up. now he gets whatever side is farthest from the door/main part of the room. that way he can keep all of his random junk on the floor by his bed and i don't have to complain about it. ;-) it's worked out great with pregnancy/nursing too... easy to navigate my way in the dark!