Friday, May 2, 2008

Ladybugs, Cops, and Brownies

So i have noticed a lady bug or two in my house every now and then. Most of the time they are dead, but I have found two alive. I guess I should be grateful they're not roaches, but I am dreading the day Adalie finds one and decides to eat it.
Yesterday was another fun day for Brett. He got caught by the same cop yesterday as he did the day before. The cop asked to see Brett's selling license again (which brett had another photocopy of such) and when he gave it to him, the policeman just crumpled it up and said "This is garbage, you need to get your butt back to your car and get out of here, otherwise I am going to arrest you!". We're still a little confused on what he would get arrested for, and the cop didn't even say what, but Brett stopped and called his manager. Well, about half an hour later his manager gives him a call back and tells him that he just got done talking with the police and to go back out knocking. Apparently he also had a little run in with them and asked to speak to his supervisor and after a few choice words and complaints about how some of the cops were treating his sells reps, they got permission to finish out the day with a promised trip to City Hall to figure things out today. We'll see...
Brownies are just because I was a little stressed out about the whole thing and made me a batch. The problem is, we aren't even supposed to have sweets in the house, but I manage to sneak a few in and made a good batch of goowie brownies and had them for dinner....and breakfast.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why no sweets?
well i have to make treats for a ward talent show and i am so excited b/c i too have been trying not to have sweets in the house :)

Anonymous said...

We are trying to lose a little weight and get into summer shape =)

Brandon and Cari (Sellers) Murdock said...

Chocolate makes everything better! You can't completely rule out sweets, so a little here and there is ok.