It has been hard to want to post anything because I cannot find my camera and don't want you to get bored with my post, but I realize I REALLY need to start writing some stuff down because there is SO much and I can add pictures of it later.
Well first off, if you didn't catch it before, we are here in Des Moines, IA where Brett has started the DPM program here at Des Moines University. I love our place so far. It is a cute little two bedroom, 2 bth town home with AC (woot woot!!), a backyard and playground for the kiddos and TONS of nice people. And I am LOVING not having upstairs neighbors. We are in a small student branch with about 5o other families and so far, everyone has been really nice and sweet to us. There are about a million and one kids around and for proof of that, our small branch has 4 nurseries!! I haven't been in a student ward for almost 5 years now and I have forgotten how ridiculously LOUD sacrament meeting is! Babies and Toddlers running around everywhere lol It is a fun hing to see. Our Brnach Pres seems really nice and I already have a calling....a nursery leader. Every other person in the branch is a nursery leader so I wasn't too surprised to get the calling. I will be honest, I have mixed feelings about it is that bad? I feel like I just got her and really need to get to know the sisters in the branch but I will be cut off from them in nursery all the time. Also I REALLY enjoy Sunday school and I will miss be able to go to that...ugh it is wrong for me to complain I know but I am a little sad. But I know they asked me for a reason and I will do it.
Anyway, it took forever to get unpacked! It also didn't help that the kids got sick the first night here and have been for a week. Roseolla showed up and the bumps are just now starting to be less noticeable on them....so that helped with the lack of time to get things organized and settled. Good news though, we are on our last load of the 10 loads of laundry that needed to be washed haha. I still feel like we have so much to do. Not some of my favorite things about moving...finding Dr's....learning new roads....where to shop...fixing the kids routine....all sorts of fun stuff.
I need to find my camera....I haven't blogged a whole month of our life and so much happened it it!!
1 comment:
4 nurseries!?
I haven't ever heard of such a thing! I think I've heard of 2 before, but 4!?
Post a Comment