Let's pretend that I am a wonderful housekeeper. My dishes are always done. Kitchen counters are spotless. Toilets are white as a whistle. There is always enough towels in the bathroom closets. My floors aren't sticky. My couch cushions are crumb free. My windows have no smears. And everything is in its place.
Boy am I glad my kids don't care and my husband loves me anyway.
Meanwhile, Cason has come into his vocabulary lately and I am SO excited. It has taken forever to get this kid to talk and lately he has been on a roll. Peez (please). Tank to (thank you). Ink (drink). mawma (grandma). Papaw (grandpa) Bwoo (blue) Addie (adalie). Eat...Ball...ookie...moe (more)...fies (fries) pooper (cooper-the dog)....car....nigh nigh....bye...hey....memo (nemo)...out...ice...acker (cracker) Lots of fun things I am glad it has taken him two years to say. At least we can communicate a little to each other now and I won't have to worry about two babies that I have no idea what they are saying.
I need help. Adalie turns 5 in July and I am debating on sending her to Kindergarten this next school yr. I have probably already asked this question before, but it is pre-school registration time and I need to sign her up for another yr if that's what we are deciding to do. So I need your thoughts. All of her friends will be going this next year so they won't be in pre-school with her. I am not worried about her academically because she is super smart. She makes friends easy and her pre-school teachers says she listens well to instruction. She loves school. Worries- she gets frustrated really easy when she can't do certain things right. She is small for her age. Everyone in her class will get to do things before she does i.e. drive, date, etc.....And I will miss her terribly. what do you think?
5 comments:
yikes. i can not even think about this right now. it would give me a panic attack for sure.
i am sooooo not looking forward to making these kinds of decisions. life is so easy for me right now i like to pretend that it won't get any trickier. ;-)
Lydia- I was pretty much the youngest kid in my class and I loved it! My birthday is at the end of August so I actually started Kindergarten when I was 4. It never bothered me that my friends could drive, date or anything else before me. I was excited to graduate when I was 17. (I didn't do pre-school, so I may have started a little behind the other kids in the beginning, but I got into the advanced classes pretty quick in school and I graduated near the top of my class) So Adalie is already ahead of me if she is in pre-school. It's not my decision, but if all her friends are moving up, I would let her go too. Just my opinion.
Ethan's birthday is in July and we are starting him in kinder next year. Justin was younger in his class and he said he never minded it. He loved that he had a full year at BYU before his mission to get a head start on his education! Sure, they will miss out on school dances for that year but I don't think they will hate us for it :) Good luck making the decision!
i'm pro school. i seriously can't wait to send my kids to school!!!!!!!!!!! do it!
and you pretty much described my messy house.
I'm actually for keeping them home another year if their birthday is close to the cutoff. Robert's is Sept 19 and the cutoff here is Oct 1. We kept him home this year and I was actually thinking the other day how glad I am that I did. But I do understand that boys and girls are very different (which was another reason I kept him back)...had boys when I taught K that had just turned 5 and they needed another year. Does she know her letters and sounds? I could write a novel here, I have some pretty strong opinions on this topic. I'm not for pushing kids to learn to read early unless they are ready and excited about it. Unfortunately some Kindergarten classes and teachers are more intense than they should be at that age. It should be very hands on and fun. I'm glad I kept Robert back but I may have made a different decision if it were Rebekah. Good luck! You know your kid and so does Heavenly Father. Email me if you want to hear more of my rantings on this subject. :)
Post a Comment